Sunday, November 22, 2009

Giving Back. Kinda.

It's probably not a stretch to say I'm a little selfish. I pretty much don't do anything to help my community beyond giving homeless guys some money. I tutored a kid about 9 years ago, but then his math questions got too hard for me and I quit. He was in 5th grade.

Somehow this weekend, what started as a project to resurface our wintertime skate refuge ended with resurfacing a bunch of the beat-down ramps at Rainspot in SE. Rainspot started as a crappy ledge we'd skate on rainy days, and is now a pretty decent unlicensed skatepark. I'm pretty pumped it's there, even though it drives me nuts that we skate there too much.

A bunch of kids skate there now, and the ramps all take way more of a beating than they used to, so it's cool to fix up some of the stuff we all tear apart.

I don't have any pictures b/c I forgot to take any. Big credit goes to Ander the Mad Swede for getting this whole thing going, even though he ripped on my driving skills. Dick.

Chris, JB, Ryan, Geoffrey and others pitched in and donated some efforts. Everyone involved gave up their free time on a nice weekend to do a little something that nobody is going to thank them for.

2 comments:

A, E, e, a said...

you're basically Mother Theresa now, I guess... Good work, though, really. Sounds like it was fun, too.

HP said...

That place took my finger.
Crikey!