Sunday, October 18, 2009

Powerful Packaging

You'd probably look at this Kit Kat and think it was a crushed-up wrapper. WRONG. It's a fully smushed and melted Kit Kat that went through the dryer.

I opened the dryer door and saw this wrapper peeking out of my hoodie pocket. I figured there was going to be melted chocolate over all my clothes, pretty much giving the death blow to a beat-down wardrobe.

But no. Apparently the scalding heat of the dryer couldn't get past the Kit Kat wrapper, which had become basically a really hot baggie holding liquified Kit Kat. This is pretty amazing, considering I know someone who ran the dryer with his cat in there (totally accidental), and it's safe to say the Kit Kat wrapper held up much better than cat skin and innards did.

Still trying to decide whether to try and eat this thing. I mean, there aren't any chemicals in there, right? If anything could have gotten in there, all the chocolate would have come out for sure. That doesn't really sound scientific, so I guess I'll see what the internets tell me to do.

11 comments:

Campbell said...

I'm pretty sure there are about 361 effed up chemicals in that bag. I'd suggest not eating it.

Campbell said...

Or go ahead and eat it, and we can watch you melt like they did in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

A, E, e, a said...

I'd totally eat it. There aren't any chemicals in the liquified KitKat that weren't in there before it took a spin in the washer and dryer! Grab a spoon and enjoy! Why can't they make Chapstick container like that? That junk has destroyed MANY loads of laundry for us...

Amber said...

Anyone who says not to eat it is just jealous.

Paul said...

are times that hard? I can lend you $1 for another kit kat.

Campbell said...

I think those advocating that you eat it don't have your best interests at heart. I need you alive so I can beat you in fantasy football in a couple more weeks. I'll feel bad if you get TB from a melted plastic container.

A, E, e, a said...

I vote against my wife, don't eat it. There is a reason everyone says don't eat or drink things from heated plastic unless it's BPA free, and we all have stainless water bottles. Toss it and take Paul's dollar. A

Amber said...

I bet he ate it.

A, E, e, a said...

Did you seriously think there would be this much interest in the 89 cent KitKat that you washed and dried!?!? How did it even make it to the laundry? ...you've got more willpower than us!

KM said...

I couldn't eat it. Everyone freaked me out too much. I did open it last night, and it didn't look right.

The Great White Hope said...

Kelly--- I just redid my blog from back in the day.

www.thesmashup.blogspot.com

I gave your a site a shout out and posted the link permanently. Return the favor won't ya. Thanks.

-Brennan