Wednesday, October 14, 2009

R.I.P, Captain Lou


Hard times today for the Wrestling world, as icon Captain Lou Albano passed, years after managing superstars like Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and other guys who wore multicolored tights.

I'll always remember him as getting a wicked arm bar dropped on him by 89-pound Cyndi Lauper in that one video that I can't even watch for more than 10 seconds now. That chorus is already bouncing around in my head just from thinking about it.

Funny thing is, this guy's name came up this weekend in a random conversation, one of those 'what the hell happened to...' conversations. I guess we've got our answer. I'd be pumped if I live long enough that I can get away with wearing a shirt with my own picture on it.

1 comment:

The Great White Hope said...

Oddly enough he played football at UT back in day when they still wore leather helmets. Props to any man who laced them up for my Vols and wore leather bands in his face.

-Brennan