Friday, October 30, 2009

The Club


Wow...It's been forever since I've posted anything...again. Maybe I've outgrown Lurker Alley?

Riiight.

I think I've just been too busy playing video games to do something as cumbersome as rant about random shit on the internet's tubes.

I know one thing I've been busy at: showing off my dance dance dance skills at The Club. That's right. I checked out the club scene in DC this weekend, and it was pretty much like the club scene anywhere else, just more expensive. And with more douchebags than I thought possible. Seriously, it smelled like someone was spraying Brut (By Faberge) out of the vents in that place, and I saw way too much exposed chest hair.

To set the scene real quick...I had a friend in town from Miami and he wanted to check out DC's clubs. Since I pretty much only hang out with dirty skateboarders, I had no idea where to take him. A few frantic emails and phone calls later, and I had a list of clubs for us to check out. I looked through a few web sites and eliminated the ones with the most popped collars in their photo galleries and picked out DCs Lima.

I somehow convinced a few ladies to join us, and we met for dinner on Saturday night. Dinner turned into drinks, drinks turned into lowered inhibitions, and that turned into bump-and-grind dancing on the tiny dance floor. That's right.

My reward for breaking down and going to the club? A mild case of the flu that set in the next evening. I was out of work for 3 days (not that bad, actually) and dropped way too much money on overpriced drinks. And I'm pretty sure I got my club fill for the next 8 years or so.

No comments: