Monday, March 30, 2009

An Evening To Remember

I lost my casserole cooking virginity tonight.

There's a kickass casserole my mom made that I got pumped about as a kid. Actually I still get pumped about it. So after years of thinking occasionally about cooking it, I got busy with the casserole cooking.

I'm deeming it a huge success, and think it's safe to say that I showed that 2-day recipe, evaporated milk and all (shouldn't that just look like mist?), who is really boss.

Erica will be pumped that I used the same aluminum foil to roast the almonds as I did to cover the casserole while cooking it. She'll probably be disappointed that I threw it away after that, though.

I was getting nervous that I've had more posts this month about domesticated living than skateboarding, but no worries. Skateboarding still wins (+1 bonus for wizard staff and candy posts). Adult Kelly is not in charge just yet.

6 comments:

A, E, e, a said...

I made the same casserole on Saturday and am still finishing leftovers from it! I have my foil from it folded up neatly in the drawer. Ha Ha.

tem said...

I am proud of both you & E for making the casserole. Pix for proof--love it! Erica gets you on the saved foil---
mom

jennifer said...

I need this recipe please. :) Domesticated Kelly is fun.

Paul said...

I look forward to your next post telling us how many times you threw up after eating nothing but casserole for 4 straight days.

jsc said...

what exactly is in this casserole?!?

Ambrina said...

I'm thinking this casserole showed YOU who's boss. Because there's no way you can handle too much of anything with evaporated milk.