Saturday, March 28, 2009

Best. House. Ever.


If I ever When I decide to go full-out recluse and just hole up in my house until i start to decompose, this is the house I want. The resale options would be limited to people who skate or pedophiles/creepers trying to lure in skaters, but why would you ever move? I would just start my Jonestown-style cult here, hopefully without the eventual kool-aid poisoning.

The ramp-house idea isn't new, but the execution here is pretty impressive. I love how the fireplace is basically a big wallride gap now, and how it's not just crappy wood ramps built in random spots. They used a mix of wood and nice, polished concrete and ensured there's actual flow throughout the space.

The only real problem I see is those gigantic windows/glass doors. I'm pretty sure that glass and ramps are a bad mix. Since I'd be planning on going to shut-in status anyhow, I'd have no need for windows, since windows bring in light and views of the outside.

As soon as I scrape together the money and find someone to deliver mountain dew and beef jerky, I'm buyin that place.

1 comment:

HP said...

It is amazing...and I agree with you on the window/door situation.
Maintaining everything in that place would be some ish.
I imagine it starting out great, but like most of my favorite spots, it would get busted up real quick.
I wouldn't want to be left looking for a new home and new spots.