Thursday, October 9, 2008

Something's Off

Ever have that feeling that shit just isn't right? Maybe it starts off with a bad night of sleep, or a crappy day at work or whatever, but you know there's more going on than just that isolated event.

I've had that feeling the last few weeks or even months, and I don't really know why.

It's been a long time since I've had a vacation (Amsterdam last November), and I've been running ragged at work, so maybe that's it.

I haven't been on a date for a long-ass time, and don't see one coming soon, so that's a possibility.

My family has been a mess for going on two years now, and with no fargin' end in sight to that debacle, I can't really rule that out as the culprit.

Every time I turn on the tv I see a community college grad (barely) making thinly-veiled racist references to a US Senator, and it drives me crazy that this stupid hick from Alaska and her geriatric running mate are even still in this race. So maybe that's the problem.

But really, I don't know that any of these things, or even the combination of all of them, are the problem. I do know that each day I like my job a little bit less, and I'm having a hard time really getting too pumped up about much of anything. Even skating, which is usually the cure for any time I'm feeling off, isn't solving the problems.

Of course, that could change if I could learn tre flips.

This isn't a cry for help. I'm not drinking gin out of the bottle or weeping softly into my pillow at night. But I'm in a rut personally and professionally, and I don't see the way out right now. I'm hoping something will come to me.

I think I need a new challenge, or a new motivation, or something...I know the three of you that read this blog might have faced the same kinda shitty feelings before. What do you do when you just aren't feeling right? What's your source of motivation when things suck?

I guess what I'm asking is, when you feel like a turd, what helps you feel less turd-like?

7 comments:

HP said...

I'm seriously sorry brew.
When your in it, it always seems like sh*t is way worse.
A little perspective always seems to ground me.
As bad as ish can get, it could always get....ishier.
I'm dealing with a few unsettling realities myself lately.
Gotta break routines.
Stay positive.
Come back to Jerz for a weekend soon.

Tami said...

yoga! a good way to get motivated AND find a date :)

A, E, e, a said...

At least there's no poop on your foot or skateboard today, right?! That's something good...Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Watch some Springer. Does the trick every time.

Campbell said...

Maybe we just need to fire up the rock band again. you seemed to be enjoying the guitarness. The times will change pal. When I'm down I am way down, so I hear you there.

Campbell said...

And think, you've already had 2 more posts than you thought you had readers. So there's that.

Anonymous said...

at least your last date isn't ringing your doorbell with a set of twins in her arms.

(why is the word 'poler' my verification word? is this a gay site??? not that there's anything wrong with that...)