Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nailed


Back in July my brother-in-law helped me (translation: I nodded and moved stuff around while he did everything) put in hardwood floors. I thought we were almost done. Now it's October and I'm still working on the fargin floors.

I know that nobody cares about other people's home improvement projects, so I'll keep this brief. I'm finally done nailing in the 1/4 round molding. That part really sucked, mainly b/c I suck at hammering in nails.

And really, does it get any simpler than using a hammer to nail things to other things? It's pretty much the most basic part of using tools. And I suck at it. It took me 14 nails (see the pile above) to attach a few pieces of this molding. I was sweating like a pig and bending nails like I was The One.

But I'm done. And now I just have to paint and caulk everything. And try not to say 'caulk' to while making eye contact with anyone.

2 comments:

Scott Berkley said...

In the good old days, we had a leak in our place. We'd call the landlord, and he would say, "i need to come over this weekend and do some serious caulking". We were like "heh, heh, he said cock".

KM said...

even better, he said 'caulking', which is the same as 'humping'.