Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Floored


As promised, here's some before/during/after photos of the flooring installation.

Big thanks to Chris Campbell the Master Carpet Destructor for helping me to rip out the asbestos-lined moldy rugs in here. And just as exciting, he left without incurring major injury. Klondike the poodle got his master home safe and sound.

And a standing ovation for the Home Improver himself, Adam Moseley. Besides walking me through every step of the process, showing me how to use all the tools, and doing all the hardest cuts, he also listened patiently while I whined about sucking with all the tools, and politely corrected me when i called everything by the wrong name (btw, that triangle thing for measuring stuff and drawing straight lines? it's called a square, not a triangle).

I'm sure it's no coincidence that he lives with my sister. That patience looked like it was the result of experience.

I'm also pretty sure that without Adam's help I would have burned all the bamboo in the middle of my living room and just gone feral. So thanks for everything.

There it is. Now I'm fully experienced in home improvement. If you need your floors replaced, just call me.

I'll give you Adam's number.

4 comments:

A, E, e, a said...

good work. I laughed out loud several times reading this! There was one line that wasn't very funny, though...you know which one I mean.
-the somewhat impatient and occasionally overreacting sister who 'lives with' Adam

KM said...

my bad...yes, they're married. adam's not just 'living with' erica, but also married to her. nothing to see here, folks. move along.

A, E, e, a said...

Kelly, how are you so funny? I mean, I'm funny, but you're REALLY funny. Good work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props. Even if it took a not-so-subtle reminder. Jaggoff.