Saturday, June 26, 2010

DR


This one is pretty overdue, but earlier this month I jumped on a plane for the Caribbean to see my good friend and Ohio native JBanks marry the super-rad MAdams down in the Dominican.

For some reason, I only took 5 photos when I was there. I think it's b/c I roomed with the wedding photographer, and I didn't wanna get my stupid point-and-shoot out while he had all this kickass photo gear. I think I felt inadequate.

But enough about me. The wedding was incredible, the resort was real purty, and the weather was hot as hell. Luckily there was a beautiful beach nearby, a gigantic pool in our resort, and part of the 'all inclusive' deal was all the alcohol we could pour down our gullets. Win-Win-Win.

As a bonus, I learned about the shandy, which I've been pushing on everyone I see in DC. Most people think I'm crazy, and my brother thinks it's a less-than-manly beer. I'm still sticking with it, but you have to get the mixture correct. Two parts beer to 1 part lemonade is my mixture so far. To be honest, it's beer. It's pretty hard to screw it up.

Big congrats to J&M on their wedding. I was pumped to be a part of it and glad to make my first trip to the Caribbean.

No comments: