Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Victory


So like about 10 million other football fans, I play in a fantasy football league. For those of you that don't know what it is, that's why they made The Google. I'm not going to explain it b/c it'll sound even dorkier than it is.

Unlike most other fans, though, I spend waaaaay too much time on fantasy football stuff...scouring rosters for hidden gems of players, analyzing matchups, coming up with kickass team names (this year my team is BitchinCamaro), etc...

The only problem is my team fully shits the bed in the playoffs every year. I've become the poster boy for choking in the spotlight, and of course this has forced me to spend more time on fantasy football to try and prevent the choking, which makes the eventual choking that much more brutal.

Finally, my string of first-round exits has ended. After a complicated tiebreaker system that involved way too many emails (and a few harsh statements about my, um, crotchal region), I emerged victorious from the first round. So yay for me. Now I can start a new tradition of getting stomped in the 2nd round.

5 comments:

Paul said...

don't forget to remind everyone that you are 0-1 v. your big brother.

KM said...

As long as you remind them that you got your ass whipped in the first round of the playoffs.

Campbell said...

Yeah, but that ass-whipping came from me, not you. Just to be clear.

jennifer said...

it was so nice having a first round bye...

KM said...

Someone needs to read about the O'Neill theory.