Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gawdamn Nor'easter


I don't know if anyone heard about this, but there was some snow this weekend on the East Coast. Even though it ruins skateboarding and cuts down on the lurking opportunities, I'm always pumped when it snows a bunch. It's better than rain, and at least you get days off work sometimes.

Case in point, this year's Nor'easter (best weather word ever, I think) has led to the federal government being closed tomorrow, which led to my company being closed. Monday is now a Snow Day for me.

Besides all the normal snow-related dumb stuff like people trying to drive a Cutlass with bald tires on an unplowed street (they didn't get far), I got to see a girl trying to walk in stiletto heels and a miniskirt in the middle of a blizzard. She made it farther than the Cutlass, but it was brutal just watching her walk. It just looked like a concussion waiting to happen.

The best thing to come out of this storm, though, was that I rediscovered my go-to weather site. It's really got everything you need to judge the weather properly.

No comments: