Wednesday, August 26, 2009

NW Arm Swang

I walk to work almost every day (about 2 miles each way), and on the way I do an assload of people-watching. I see impatient people driving in rush-hour traffic (like tigers at a carcass), people doing landscaping, a cop smoking a cigarette while driving a motorcycle one-handed (saw that today), etc...all kinds of different stuff.

And of course I see a ton of people just walking. You can tell a lot about a person by how they walk, I think. People walking fast are usually in a hurry, either in general or just right then. People walking slow are either good planners (and thus don't need to hurry) or just don't feel like walking fast. Whatever.

But I've never been able to figure out this move...it's only girls that walk like this, and it's usually white girls in their early/mid-twenties (according to my lurking-based research). They don't necessarily walk super-fast, but they have this crazy whipping arm motion, where their arm almost hyper-extends on the way back. It's intense to watch, and it has to cause long-term damage to the elbow or something.

Anyway, I snuck up on this girl the other day and filmed her crazy-walking ass for a few feet. Then I pretended I was filming the bricks or something:


1 comment:

Paul said...

"Lurker Vision". I think that should be a regular segment here on the Alley.