Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Girls


After the beach wedding/college reunion in Charleston, I headed for Summerville, a nearby suburb and spent a few days with my sister, her husband and their daughters, doing what you do when there are two people under 4 years old around.

Basically, you chase them and try to stay one step ahead of them. Which I could barely do for 3 days, 2 of which included me taking naps. They're such little information sponges, and watching them just take things in around them is pretty crazy. It was fun for me to step outside of my normal life and spend a few days in a totally different world, one that Erica and Adam navigate without breaking a sweat.

It was a great end to a mini-vacation, and I'm still not sure which part, the wedding or the kid-chasing, was more exhausting. But both were way fun, and now it's back to work with no vacations until Christmas or something. Awesome.

3 comments:

Campbell said...

I'm calling it now, Kelly will adopt some kids from Africa like Brad and Angelina.

A, E, e, a said...

Hmmm...Kelly with little African babies? I love the visual of that!!! Also, did I realize Ainsley looked so much like a boy that day at the Aquarium? Should've put an orange bow in her hair...whatever- we would've just lost it anyway. =)

H. said...

awww Kelly you could get a little kidlet from every country! they're chick-magnets!!!