Thursday, March 26, 2009

Eco-Ninja

I'm basically the best friend the environment has these days. I don't drive a car (don't even own one), which means I definitely don't drive an SUV. I turn my heat down at night and bundle up to use less power. I use those funky-looking light bulbs b/c Al Gore told me to. And, following the lead of my SUV-driving sister (I know, 2 kids, blah blah), I started making my own laundry detergent, which I tested out yesterday.

It was a rousing success. I could hear birds chirping and squirrels squirelling while my homemade goo swirled around in the washer, and the clothes came out smelling like maple trees and ivory soap.

In other news, UK lost to ND in the NIT. Not a proud moment for either team as both hoped for bigger things this year, but it really hurts Campbell. And any time a team I half-assed root for can beat UK in basketball, I'm going to blog about it. So there you go. Suck it, Campbell.

UPDATE: UK fired their coach for not delivering their birthright of yearly trips to the NCAA tournament. I love how this guy was the savior 2 years ago, and now he's a disrespectful womanizing alcoholic who was never 'the right fit' for UK (I would have thought that made him a perfect fit. BURNED!). Be careful what you wish for out there in Lex...

2 comments:

A, E, e, a said...

Hey. I don't need to hear crap about our SUVs. At least we got them used and didn't increase demand for the gas-guzzlers. And, you'll be happy to know, we're probably getting rid of one of our vehicles to pick up a mini-van. Grrr...that hurts me even more than a larger carbon footprint, I think.

Campbell said...

I may be pissed about losing to ND, but if you still want to be excited about winning a title to become the 67th best team in NCAAs, go right ahead. What else can I say ... Gillespie is a an ass and I weep along with all UK fans.