Sunday, March 15, 2009

Decisions, Decisions


I faced a tough choice the other day, and I'm still not sure I made the right decision. No, it wasn't whether or not I should bring a friend on a date, because we all know that's always a good idea.

I had to make a candy decision, and it was between a new favorite in the Crazy Core Skittles, and a newcomer to the scene, Extreme Sour Patch Kids.

Now the Crazy Cores have been solid in their recent debut, and have gained entry into my regular Candy Rotation (which also includes Mike & Ikes). But Sour Patch Kids (the non-extremes) are one of my all-time favorites.

The things is, I'm worried that I can't handle the Extreme version. They're already packed with candy sour power and awesomeness. I'm not totally sure I won't explode after eating the Extremes.

So, to play it safe, I went with the Crazy Cores, and they didn't disappoint. I am curious about the Extreme Sour Patch Kids, though, so if anyone has been daring enough to try 'em out, let me know if they shook you with an internal candyquake.

3 comments:

Campbell said...

Though I am not the candyman that you are, I would be willing to take the plunge and partake the extremes with you. I do enjoy the sour patch kids.

A, E, e, a said...

We tried them today on the drive up to VA. Pretty good. Definitely MORE sour than normals, but nothing I couldn't handle. Didn't get to enjoy the yummy Sweetness as much at the end of each one b/c the sour was a little too overpowering...just my opinion.

KM said...

I finally had them, and they're pretty kickass. The sourness wasn't too extreme, and the sweetness was pretty incredible. Two thumbs up.