Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nose Goblin Revenge

So I'm sticking strong with my non nose-blowing style, but that may change soon. Not because of health reasons (I'm not sure I believe I can get bronchitis or lung fluid), but because of slimy nose goblins.

I'm going along today, sniffing occasionally, in a meeting, when I notice the woman I'm talking to keeps rubbing at her nose a little (but she's not sniffing) and staring at my nose. Kinda like she's trying to tell me something...

Awesome. I had a hanger.

I had to go to the bathroom and blow my nose about 70 times before it all shook free. I guess that's what I get. But no matter what I'm not carrying a gross reusable hanky. At least not until I'm 70 and don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

2 comments:

Tami said...

since i have year-round allergies and since i am allergic to my cats and everything floating in the air, i have lots of boogers. so... my regular process to keep clean is to blow snot rockets every morning in the hot shower. that pretty much clears me up for the rest of the day and gets all the overnight build-up out. may i also suggest you carry a small pocket mirror? maybe one that you can fit in your wallet like this: http://www.101gear.com/product.php?prid=211055

and carry a hanky! i think they are classy. watch out for that lung fluid!

jennifer said...

kelly - like i tell paul, wipe the crust out your eyes... and in your case your nose, before leaving the house. it's best for everyone.