Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Debunked

So it's flu/cold/allergy season, and everyone's sick. If you've got kids, and they go to school, you're doubly screwed because all of those kids are sick, too, so you're probably going to be in various stages of sickness/recovery until spring.

I've been feeling crappy lately, so I've gone through the checklist...drinking fluids, eating chicken soup, washing my hands, getting plenty of rest, etc...but you know which one is garbage?

Blowing your nose.

It doesn't work. All it really does is give you a snotty kleenex/toilet paper/hanky (and anyone who carries a handkerchief and re-uses it is GROSS, yo), and a nose that is still dripping snot. Plus, now you've really forced the snot factory into full production. The only thing that blowing your nose actually accomplishes is you're now forced to keep blowing your nose. Oh, and you get a big red nose. Awesome.

Now that I've proven this myth to be false, I'll go back to sniffling non-stop.

Enjoy winter, everyone.

3 comments:

Tami said...

blowing your nose doesnt keep you from getting a cold, but if you have a cold or a runny nose it will keep you from getting fluids in your lungs or bronchitis or whatever. blow your nose! :)

KM said...

is this pissed drunk tami or sober tami? hell, it doesn't matter. I'm not blowing my nose ever again. Bronchitis be damned.

Campbell said...

I must agree with Tami (no matter what state she is in). Blowing your nose keeps you from acquiring something much worse. Dear god, instead of making snide comments about blowing your nose, I'm trying to rationalize on a comment board.