Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Verdict

My favorite President, ol' W, is currently giving his valedictory speeches to try and convince us that he's not one of the worst presidents ever. I'm sure history is going to vindicate him for Katrina, Iraq, Afghanistan, Gitmo, Abu Ghraib, and the biggest financial collapse since the Great Depression.

Along the way, he also somehow found time to fondle the German Chancellor.

And don't forget, he was also president during 9/11.

But this is a great graphic showing the state of affairs in the US in 2001 and again in 2008, so we can truly see his impact.

Full disclosure: I work for the company that owns The Atlantic. Additional disclosure: I think George Bush is the biggest asshat ever elected. So there. I'm not exactly impartial.

Among my favorites: We have more people living in poverty AND more billionares now than in 2001. There's your compassionate conservatism, folks.

No comments: