Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ryan's Line

A few months back I started skating this mini-ramp out in Arlington. My friend Ander and some of his crew built the ramp, and it's a thing of beauty. So fun, indoors, with tight transitions that make it fast and burly. Ander destroys it, and I've been skating it every chance I get. I skated minis all the time when i was growing up, but after taking a 10-year break from skating (ok, i piled out and quit. whatever), i haven't had regular access to a ramp since high school.

There's a sign spray-painted on the wall that says "Feel Guilty" above the door, and every time I leave I do. I also feel guilty for not landing more shit, and for never building something like this myself. And for not ever taking math in college.

Actually, I'm proud of that. Math is for dorks. And mathletes.

Went out there last weekend with Ander and Ryan, and Ryan was slaying this thing with smooth 50-50 reverts and other wackiness. Because I'm too lazy to learn how to edit video right now, this is just raw footy. Quality Memorial Day session, for sure.

1 comment: