Monday, December 8, 2008

WC Savants

A weak toilet is not something to be proud of. Mine has the incurable problem (if you're a toilet) of Bad Flush Power, and it also takes forever to fill up, which sucks if multiple people are waiting to use the bathroom.

There's really no redeeming qualities to this toilet except that it's Not Broken. It technically does work, but I've had to learn to read it's sounds like I'm the Toilet Whisperer so it can keep kinda-functioning.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new toilet, so I went to Home Depot and looked at toilets. Surprise: They look like toilets. I brought my brand awareness to the internet and started researching which brands are best, etc...

Holy shit. I had no idea what I was getting into. The 2nd or 3rd site I checked out had these guys that seemed to be normal, toilet-researching guys, and they're talking on a comment board about their toilet knowledge.

Then they turned it up to 11. What started off as a simple commentary on plumbing turned into a web of intrigue, mayhem and international conspiracy that may or may not involve Brazilian-made toilets and a guy named Terry Love. The statistical analysis used to measure the flush strength was impressive and really could get its own post.

1 comment:

HP said...

This post just made my week better.
Seriously.