Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Haul


So I asked for some candy for Christmas. No other reason than because I dig on some candy. I was specific (b/c there's nothing worse than unwanted candy; it's like spitting in the Candy God's eye), and I got more than I had bargained for.

In an earlier post I said something about '14 pounds' of candy, which was a total guess. But not a bad one. Since I was flying back to DC, I had to make sure my checked bag didn't weigh too much now that I had my christmas loot. So, after I weighed out the bags, I weighed my candy separately.

Holy shit.

I had 10 pounds of candy. Seriously.

Pick up a 10-pound weight. Or two 5-pound bags of sugar, which is basically what I had, just with some food coloring and awesome gumminess added.

I'm pretty sure that when I get diabetes next year, this will be a significant cause. And as we've seen in the past, I have to be careful with ingesting too much of anything that might upset the old innards. To prove that I'm not getting any smarter, I started off this week's intestinal olympics by eating Indian food last night, and chasing it with a bag of gummy life savers.

Pretty safe to say that I'll be throwing up soon. It's just a matter of when. And i don't even care. Candy rules.

6 comments:

Campbell said...

Good luke with the innards, pal. I see a kneeling before the porcelein god in your future.

jbanks said...

There's no better way to say I love you during the holidays than with the gift of diabetes.

A, E, e, a said...

p.s. it wasn't just from Paul. The Moseleys contributed 4 bags as well...Enjoy!

KM said...

duly noted. my bad.

A, E, e, a said...

You got some Pocky too, right? THe Japanese candy stick things? I had them for you...hope Santa put them in your stocking...

KM said...

Pocky are clearly visible in the upper right of the photo. Call off the SC Blog Police!