Friday, November 21, 2008

Streak Broken

I was just bragging last night about my proudest current streak: it's been at least 4 years since I've stepped in dog poo. Or human poo. Basically, it's been a good non-poo streak.

I was walking a friend home and helped her dodge a huge, smeared pile on the sidewalk. Proudly, I told her about my streak and immediately knew I had made a mistake. The poo gods don't like to be called out. I knew there was a good chance I was jinxing this streak of awesomeness.

I was right. Walking to work this morning, I looked down and noticed leaves stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Sure enough, the method of leaf-sticking was doodoo. Dammit. Streak over.

So to the owner that let their dog shit on the sidewalk: thanks for ruining my streak and starting my Friday on the wrong note. I hope you get hit by a bus. Asshole.

For all of you dog owners, if you can't be bothered to steer your dog to grass when it starts doing that weird, scrunched-up walk that means it's about to drop bombs, get a cat. It's bad enough I have to watch your dog take a shit, the least you can do is get it off the main walkways.

2 comments:

A, E, e, a said...

Sorry about the poo. However, we must direct you to Lurker Alley, 1 Oct 08, "stinkfoot."

KM said...

stinkfoot was different, b/c i think the poo was on my griptape first, and then went to the heel. it also happened while skating, so it wasn't technically a turd-stepping incident.

the judges agree. the 4-year run stands.